Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 2002 10:43:02 -0500
From:      George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
To:        David Banning <david@skytrackercanada.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how to flush resolver cache

What's being cached is the records in DNS servers on the internet.

You can add a line like this in your /etc/hosts file which is
normally checked before a query is put on your dns servers listed in
/etc/resolv.conf

26.2.20.4          maroon maroon.rrcp.org

Just don't forget to remove it because you'll forget it's there when the
ip changes again!

// George

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 10:12:08AM -0500, David Banning wrote:
>A servers IP address has changed recently but my browser
>takes me to the old IP address. I cleaned the cache in my browser
>but that is not the problem. I understand that I must clean the
>resolver cache or wait for the reference to expire.
>
>If I wanted to clean the resolver cache, where is it?

GEORGE GEORGALIS, System Admin/Architect    cell: 347-451-8229
Security Services, Web, Mail,            mailto:george@galis.org
File, Print, DB and DNS Servers.       http://www.galis.org/george