Date:      Thu, 13 Nov 1997 12:23:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Administrator <freebsd@workgrp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Opps: Bad Superblock after Sys. Cmdr install

On Tue, 11 Nov 1997, FreeBSD Administrator wrote:

> OK. I thought I'd try installing System Commander, with all it's cool
> booting features to use with the multiple OSes on one of my machines.
> Unfortunately, not only did it write a new MBR on my C: IDE drive (bios
> 80), but it looks like it trashed my D: SCSI drive (bios 81). My system is
> backed up to tape, but I'm not sure it's good.

[...]

Ouch, you are in a pickle.  :-(  I have a feeling that SysCommander saw
the disklabel on the second disk as some MBR junk and partition table-ized
it.  So now you have a pretty partition table there but a munched
disklabel.  If you knew the exact values of the disklabel you might be
able to reconstitute it.  Otherwise you'd better test your backup.