Date:      Sat, 8 Nov 1997 23:04:18 -0700 (MST)
From:      Atipa <freebsd@atipa.com>
To:        Charles Mott <cmott@srv.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IDT processors?

> also have shell accounts).
>
> This could be bad for Intel.  I think that there is a limited
> subset of Pentium owners which now have a *very* strong incentive
> to obtain replacement chips or go to alternate vendors (AMD or
> IDT).
>
> P.S.  Have any FreeBSD users tried out the new IDT chip?

What/Who is IDT? I heard about some So. CA startup company using the
SGS/Thompson Fab. Is that them?

I really doubt the contingent that is affected by this bug would be
likely to trust a no-name chip. The whole point is reliability...

I would not put mission critial servers on AMD K6 or any Cyrix. There is
no vestal virgin in the X86 market. Intel is still the best of the bunch
for reliability. <Note to self: Raise flame shields, now!>

Kevin