Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 1996 22:51:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      brian@mediacity.com
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   P6 panics at same point

On a ASUS P65UP5 2xPP200 MB with 256MB RAM  I can start the
second processory, but if I try to build apache from the ports,
or most anything else complex I get:

Fatal Trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
cpunumber=0
fault virtual address = 0xffc00148
fault code = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer	=  0x8:0xf01c0757
stack pointer		= 0x10:0xefbffe94
frame pointer           = 0x10:0xefbffeb0
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
processor eflags        = DPL 0, pres 1, def 32, gran 1
			= interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL=0
current process         = 185 (sh)
interrupt mask		=
kernel: type 12 trap, code=0
stopped at _pmap_enter+0x85: movl 0(%ecx),%ecx

It happens basically the same each time it happens.

If I run the SMP kernel without starting the 2nd processor all
goes well.

--
Brian Litzinger					       Powered by FreeBSD
<brian@mediacity.com>                            http[s]://www.mpress.com