Date:      Wed, 27 Jan 1999 15:54:10 +1000
From:      Robert Chalmers <robert@chalmers.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   A little confused by pppctl

Looking at pppctl's man page, am I right in assuming that it wont work at all
unless I have the "set server /var/run/internet "" 0177" line in the ppp.conf
script.
Am I also corect in assunming that this will not interfere with the running of
ppp in -auto or -ddial mode. In other words adding that line will not cause the
ppp connection to behave differently - it will just allow me to access the
deamon for stats and checking should I want to.

I've finally got this link pretty rock steady, and don't want to trash it. I
would like to know however what the line is set up as. speed, protocol,
compression etc. Will pppctl give this to me?
Or would I be better using a log trace...

thanks for any info,
Cheers
Bob

--
http://www.chalmers.com.au. Publications From China in 24 different languages.
English, French, German, Russian, Arabic, Spanish, Chinese, Burmese, Bengali,