Date:      Fri, 29 Nov 2002 21:41:25 +0100
From:      Robert =?unknown-8bit?Q?Blacqui=E8re?= <freebsd@guldan.demon.nl>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd@guldan.demon.nl, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wireless Card ATMEL AT76C502AR

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 11:07:32AM -0700, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <20021129161201.GL8770@bombur.guldan.demon.nl>
>             Robert **UNKNOWN CHARSET** <freebsd@guldan.demon.nl> writes:
> : I've been trying to get this ATMEL based pccard working. But is seems
> : there is/are some points missing or thing i'me doing wrong...
>
> I've been told, but have no way to verify, that the amtel cards have a
> different driver <-> device API than the prism/hermese cards have.  It
> looks like linux has a effort to create a driver for these cards.

Is there a "easy" way to get development started for a driver on these
ATMEL based chips? Or is there already some starts made? I'me willing to
get into the development but have yet no real kernel programming skills.
But i can pick it up on the way, wright? Is there a document about the
interaction between the pccard stuf and drivers and kernel? And where
would one start?

Robert

PS: now i feel like a newby...

FreeBSD: Are you guys coming or what?
OpenBSD: He guys you left some holes out there!