Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2001 18:33:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@misha.privatelabs.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, luigi@iet.unipi.it, net@freebsd.org
Cc:        rmolchon@privatelabs.com, jonathan@privatelabs.com
Subject:   maxing out the 100Mb TX (full duplex)

Hello!

In our load tests we seem to be maxing out the 100Mb full duplex network
card (fxp0).

The machine has two  such cards on the motherboard. How  can we use both
of them transparently?

I connected the other one (fxp1) to the switch and enabled bridging:

	sysctl -w net.link.ether.bridge_cfg=fxp0:0,fxp1:1
	sysctl -w net.link.ether.bridge=1

Both cards  are active (fxp1  does not have an  IP):

	media: autoselect (100baseTX <full-duplex>) status: active

but judging by the throughput  and the (non-)blinking lights, still only
the first one (fxp0) is being used...

Any suggestions? Thanks!

	-mi