Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 2009 21:04:21 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
To:        "Raul I. Becette" <raulbecette@unp.edu.ar>
Cc:        FreeBSD Users <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Gateway load balance

>> use ipfw and fwd command.
>>
>> for example with output section
>>
>> add 10000 fwd gw1_IP from DSL1_subnet to any via gw1_ethernet
>> add 10001 fwd gw2_IP from DSL2_subnet to any via gw2_ethernet
>> add 10002 fwd gw3_IP from DSL3_subnet to any via gw3_ethernet
>
> for my scenario I asume gwX_IP the IP address of my dsl gateways. What would
> be DSLX_subnet and gwX_ethernet?

sorry i thought you are not doing nat in gateways. if you do and cat
change it - change it, but it's not a requirement.

replace DSL1_subnet with DSL1_outgoing address etc., if all
gateways are connected by switch replace gw*_ethernet with the same.

you must start with different outgoing addresses (simple in squid) for
each gateway.