Date:      Wed, 7 Dec 2005 06:43:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      Charles Haynes <chas.haynes@sbcglobal.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Newbie: Ports upgrade, CVSup, and disk space problems

Hi, all. I'm new to FreeBSD.

I'm setting up a machine to act as a webserver using:

FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE-p12-jc2 (jail18) #0

Tonight I added the package:

cvsup-without-gui-16.1h_2

and ran:

# cvsup -g -L 2 /root/cvs-supfile

After it ran (which took over an hour), I realized I used the
"cvs-supfile" and not the "ports-supfile." I only wanted to update the
ports tree, and not download the entire CVS repository. How do I prune
this back to a manageable size? I'm going to be using this machine
(it's a VPS) as a webserver only.

Many thanks for any assistance you can offer!

Here's the relevant parts of the supfile:

*default host=cvsup9.us.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs