Date:      Wed, 1 Jul 2009 18:13:32 -0500
From:      "Sam Fourman Jr." <sfourman@gmail.com>
To:        Daniel Underwood <djuatdelta@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: POLL: Linux preferences from FreeBSD users

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 5:58 PM, Daniel Underwood<djuatdelta@gmail.com> wrote:
> QUESTION: Of the various modern Linux distributions, which do you
> prefer? and why?
>
> I'm very interested to see the spread of opinion about Linux
> distributions from FreeBSD fans.

of all the Linux distros I have tried, the least confusing is Gentoo
Gentoo portage is "kinda" like FreeBSD ports

they also have another project http://www.sabayonlinux.org/
that is Gentoo based, and I am hoping that one day

PC-BSD will grow into what Sabayon now is, but FreeBSD based.

in my Opinion, package management is the Big question that all os's
have to deal with.
things like debian's aptget do not handle upgrades very well.

PC-BSD has a Great start on this with "PBI's"

Sam Fourman Jr.
Fourma Networks