Date:      Wed, 22 Apr 1998 14:25:36 -0700
From:      Don Morrison <dmorrisn@u.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   panic: page fault  (Is my memory going bad?)

When I booted up my machine this morning I got a kernel panic right
after logging in.  It gave the output below.  After I rebooted, it's run
fine ever since.  I do mount my filesystems async, but I always shut the
system down properly(--it couldn't be that could it?)

Fatal Trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
fault virtual address = 0x400
fault code = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer = 0x8:0xf010f2dc
stack pointer = 0x10:0xefbffbf0
frame pointer = 0x10:0xefbffc24
code segment = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
             = DPL 0, pres 1, def 32, gran 1
processor eflags = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process = 170 (csh)
interrupt mask = net tty bio
panic: page fault

syncing disks... 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33
33 33 giv
ing up
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort