Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 1997 18:55:35 +0900 (JST)
From:      Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
To:        msmith@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem with the setup script for StarOffice 3.1

Hi,

I am using FBSD 3.0-SNAP-970807.  I am attempting to install the Star
Office port.  I first went into /usr/ports/emulators/linux_lib and
installed the Linux library.  So I now have a /compat/linux/* filled out.
Next, I went into /etc/rc.conf and set the following line:

   linux_enable="YES"      # Linux emulation loaded at startup (or NO).

I then rebooted.

Next, I went into /usr/ports/editors/staroffice and installed Star Office
3.1.  The main installation went OK and it says to start the Star Office
Writer program, that I should enter 'swriter3' command and it will run an
install script the first time I run the command.

I did a 'rehash' and then entered the 'swriter3 &' command.  The first
time, I got "/usr/home/mark/.sd.sh not found," so I copied
/usr/local/StarOffice-3.1/sd.sh to /usr/home/mark/.sd.sh and tried again.
This time I get:

   /usr/home/mark/.sd.sh: 1: Syntax error: newline unexpected

I checked through the sd.sh script, but it looks OK to me.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.  Note that this is Star Office 3.1,
not the beta version.  Thanks.

         |  Mark Andres      E-mail: mark@giganet.net  |
         |          100% Micro$oft Free!               |
         |     URL: http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/     |