Date:      Sun, 19 Dec 1999 23:47:38 -0500
From:      John <papalia@UDel.Edu>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>, unicorn@blackhats.org
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SetAttrs src/contrib/diff/diff3.c,v

>> Just wondering why I see a *LOT* (as  in one for each source file on the
>> system) of SetAttrs messages coming over  my screen, when I am cvsupping
>> 3.3-STABLE  on  one system  I  own.  While  other systems  act  normally
>
>Make sure you run cvsup as the same user and with the same umask
>each time.  You can specify the umask in the supfile if you want to
>be sure about that.

I was looking at the docs for cvsup, and I might have missed it, but what
is the structure of the line in your supfile to specify a umask?  I was
toying with the idea of making the entire /usr/src tree mode 600, just to
make sure I knew who/what was writing/reading it (especially the custom
kernel file), but I don't think I've hit on the correct syntax of the line.

Thanks,
John Papalia