Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 08:55:32 -0800
From:      Tait Larson <tait@wego.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   installing from cd-rom...it worked under openbsd

I tried to install freebsd from cd-rom and failed b/c the cd-rom was not
recognized.

Supprisingly, I just got through an openbsd install from cd-rom on the
same machine without any problems.  I want to replace openbsd and try
freebsd b/c freebsd seems to have better pppoe support.  Anyway, when I
run 'dmesg | grep cd' in openbsd on the machine I get the following
response:

cd0 at scsibus0 targ0 lun 0: <MATSHITA, CD-ROM CR-581, 1C06> SCSI0
5/cdrom removable
cd0: can use 16-bit, PIO mode 3

Does anyone know if this cdrom is supported?  If so, what do I need to
do to get it to work?

Thanks,

Tait