Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2001 01:19:00 -0200
From:      Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.org>
To:        FreeBSD-ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        "David E. O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>, Patrick Li <pat@databits.net>
Subject:   RFC: autoconf port update to 2.52

Hi,

	I did update the autoconf port from 2.13 to 2.52 which is
the latest stable version, so I am told.
	This port is very similar to the update sent by
Patrick Li <pat@FreeBSD.org> in PR 29069. I will probably send this
one as a follow up.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/29069

	I would like people to try this port and if portmgr approves
it, I would both commit it to the tree and add appropriate knobs
to bsd.port.mk so that it will be enabled with

USE_AUTOMAKE_VER=252

	The sample port can be found in

http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/autoconf252.tgz

	Please, scrutinize it. Give it the worse. Furthermore,
try to supply either patches or comprehensive reports if you find
bugs. :) I am sure there are some, they are just not being triggered
by my Murphy Field (TM); it is waiting for the post commit time to
jump on me.

	Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
Computer Science Undergraduate | FreeBSD Committer | CS Developer