Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2000 23:05:09 -0700
From:      Michael Matsumura <michael@limit.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Promise Ultra66 Controller Card

I just installed a Promise Ultra66 controller card, and...its not
working... the card's BIOS booted up and detected my two hard drives...but
the boot loader spit out the following:

elf_loadexec: archsw.readin failed
unable to load kernel:
Aborted

[root:~]# uname -a
FreeBSD jupiter.limit.org 4.1-STABLE FreeBSD 4.1-STABLE #0: Fri Aug 25
21:35:53 PDT 2000     root@jupiter.limit.org:/usr/src/sys/compile/JUPITER
i386

I've tried disabling the on-board IDE controller, but to no avail... :\
Yes, I'm using an 80-wire IDE cable and it boots up fine without the
Promise controller...

Suggestions are more than welcome, thanks :)

--
Michael Matsumura
michael@limit.org