Date:      Sat, 12 Jul 1997 11:28:25 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        "Joel N. Weber II" <devnull@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CVSup mirrors and version 15.1

> Maybe I'm missing something, but aren't you trusting someone else's
> server whenever you get a kernel from that server?

I don't intend to get sucked into yet another incarnation of the
security religious war that at any given moment is going on in at
least 5 newsgroups somewhere (and has been since the dawn of Usenet).
So let me just answer this way, and request that I be dropped from
the cc line of all followups.

There are degrees of risk and there are degrees of trust.  There
are also problems that CVSup can solve and problems that it cannot
solve.  I choose to solve the problems that I can solve, and waste
as little time as possible discussing those which I cannot solve.