Date:      Sat, 27 Dec 2008 11:27:56 -0800
From:      Corey Chandler <lists@sequestered.net>
To:        Mel <fbsd.questions@rachie.is-a-geek.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Nerius Landys <nlandys@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Wireless router?

Mel wrote:
> On Monday 22 December 2008 14:48:52 Corey Chandler wrote:
>
>> Failing that, the
>> Linksys WRT54GL isn't a half bad unit.
>>

> Yes it is a half bad unit.

Absolutely-- if you're running out of the box firmware.  I use DD-WRT or
Tomato specifically to get around the issues you describe.  The reason I
go for the GL is that it's a more robust platform than their standard
wrt-54g, which for some ungodly reason they started stripping flash and
processing power out of after their switch to VxWorks.

--CJC