Date:      Tue, 08 Feb 2005 11:14:38 -0600
From:      Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        crzdgns1@starpower.net
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wallpaper for blackbox

crzdgns1@starpower.net wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I recently installed blackbox on my PII Celeron (FreeBSD-5.3-
>RELEASE, Xorg) and am very happy with its minimalist approach.
>One of the things I do miss from windows XP is the ability to use my
>own pictures, or pictures I've downloaded, as wallpaper.  Is there a
>way in blackbox to use my own pictures as wallpaper?  How and
>where do I find more information?
>
>Thanks
>
>Mark

Been a while since I used bb/fb (though I did like 'em).

IIRC, styles go under:

/usr/X11R6/share/blackbox/styles/

These are simply config type files that list various
options for the window manager.  One of the final lines
was something like this:

rootCommand:    wmsetbg --scale /path/to/myphoto.jpg

which simply tells the wm to set the root window's
background to your preferred photo.

Another cool place to look for info might be bsdforums.org;
IIRC, there's a long thread there of people showing off their
eye candy; you can pick up ideas and URL's of wallpapers,
and probably a style file or two as well.

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey