Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 1999 19:11:20 -0700
From:      notme <notme@lvdi.net>
To:        David Nobles <DNobles@dnobles.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CDROM not found

Well, here is a "trick" that you can try...  for some strange reasons,
(I have yet to learn) some ATAPI CD-ROM refuse to work when
installed to secondary master. (I had the same problem with my old
Gateway 166 with a Toshiba ATAPI 8x)  Try installing your drive
onto primary slave.  My works after I did that, and I just let it boot
off the CD-ROM.

I hope this helps you :)

Frankie