Date:      Wed, 07 Oct 1998 22:45:17 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem mounting CD jukebox under CAM?

In message <Pine.BSF.4.05.9810072043480.5921-100000@caladan.tdx.co.uk> Karl Pielorz writes:
: I've just put another cd-rom in one of my slow-but trust Nakamichi CD-ROM
: jukeboxes...
: caladan> mount -t cd9660 /dev/cd4a /jukebox/deep
: cd9660: Invalid argument

Mine works just fine.  At a guess I'd say that the cd is having
problems reading in the label of the cdrom, or you are trying to
mount, say, a Sun ufs cdrom or a VMS files-11 volume.

This does point out a small bogon in the return codes for the mount
operation.  When I try to mount a cd slot that has no cd on it, I get
Device not configured, rather than Input/output error.  Not a huge
deal, but a change none the less.  The device is configured, just not
usable right now.

Warner