Date:      Sun, 14 Dec 2003 10:14:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      nil ban <trumvect@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   I can't mount dos formatted 1.44mb floppy in FreeBSD 5.0

Hello,

Plz tell me how I'll be able to mount 1.44mb dos
formatted(fat filesystem) floppy.  Whenever I give the
command #mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy,
I get the following promt;
msdosfs: /dev/fd0: Input/output error.
I also wrote msdosfs instead of msdos and try other
floppies but the result is same.  I can read and write
in those floppies in windows so I think the floppies
are not defective.

And plz tell me how to format floppy with
FAT and UFS.

Thanks & Regards