Date:      Fri, 15 Oct 1999 10:21:40 +0800 (CST)
From:      ckwen <ckwen@eembox.ee.ncku.edu.tw>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: can two fast ethernet cards work in a freebsd box ?

Sorry for not describing the situation clearly.

> > I install two Dlink DFE-530TX on my freebsd 3.3 box.
> > They can be detected by kernel without problems.
> > It happens when I connect them with two cat.5 lines to a
> > 100 Mb hub. During booting sequence, the kernel reports
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
  connected to two seperated 100 Mb hubs.

> > that the link status of the first interface is full-duplex 100 Mbps
> > but the second interface is half-duplex 10 Mbps. I expect that
> > the two links should be full-duplex 100 Mbps.
> > Can anyone help me out ?

  Both of 100 Mb LED indicators of the two hubs light when freebsd
machine is powered on. The 100 Mb LED of the hub which the second
interface connected to goes off after kernel reports that the
second interface is 10 Mbps half-duplex.

Cheng-Kang Wen