Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 2000 16:48:38 -0000
From:      Tarjei.Jensen@kvaerner.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   installing FreeBSD through an FTP proxy

I am new to FreeBSD. I use the menu to install, but are unable to specify
that I want to install from outside our network.

The problem is that the option to use an FTP proxy without using passive FTP
is unavailable. I have installed over NFS from a CDROM and that worked fine.
Afterwards I set FTP_PROXY and unset PASSIVE_FTP (sorry if variable name is
inaccurate, I'm trying to do another install now) and then fetch works like
a charm.

I also have problems setting the keyboard map. The script which does this on
the boot floppies seems to be garbeled.

Greetings,