Date:      Wed, 25 Nov 1998 15:00:39 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Undeliverable: Re: The message was delivered with a warning.

Ben Smithurst wrote:

> Mark Ovens wrote:
>
> > >     MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:ChesserHouse:MAILSRV1
> >              ^^^^^^^^^^
> > Kind of illustrates the IQ of those responsible.
>
> As does this, from my server's reject log:

[....]

I've had some e-mail correspondence with Peter Lennon at this school
and he says that the filter was so OTT that it was rejecting messages
containing the word ``legs''!!

This reminds me of a similar problem when AOL first started up in the
UK. People living in the Yorkshire town of Scunthorpe couldn't join up
because the profanity filter was picking up the embedded 4 letter
word.

AOL's solution was for these people to pretend they lived in
Sconthorpe!!.

--
  Trust the computer industry to shorten Year 2000 to Y2K. It
  was this thinking that caused the problem in the first place.

Mark Ovens, CNC Applications Engineer, Radan Computational Ltd.
Bath, Avon, England.  Sheet Metal CAD/CAM Solutions
mailto:marko@uk.radan.com    http://www.radan.com