Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 1995 12:56:37 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Martin Sapsed <m.sapsed@bangor.ac.uk>
To:        David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
Cc:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>, dufault@hda.com, gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org, m.sapsed@bangor.ac.uk, hm@hcs.de, julian@jhome.DIALix.COM, freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with FreeBSD 2.1.0-RELEASE

On Tue, 19 Dec 1995, David Greenman wrote:

>    I don't know what else to say about this...it's going to require a
> competent engineer to poke around in the kernel data structures to gather
> clues about the bug and then carefully back-track the problem.

So guys, thanks for all the responses - it's nice to know I've got a real
neat bug here !! :-) (I'm relieved that no ones come back with a RTFM or
somesuch - thought maybe I was going nuts!)

Where do I go from here? Am I in deep trouble? If I recompile the kernel
with DDB in will that help anyone? If so how? Should I look for another
job???? :-)

I must point out I'm no kernel hacker so am rather in the dark here. I
currently have another machine running FreeBSD 1.0 which (mostly) happily
accesses 11 drives so this bug seems to have been introduced sometime
since then?

Any suggestions??

Martin

Martin Sapsed                                Tel: +44 (0)1248 382409
Microcomputer Support Officer                Fax: +44 (0)1248 383826
UCNW Computing Lab
Bangor, N. Wales, LL57 2DG               "Who do you say I am?"
m.sapsed@bangor.ac.uk                              Jesus of Nazareth