Date:      Thu, 26 Aug 1999 11:55:44 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, new-bus@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New patches for pccard newbus kludge

In message <199908261743.TAA03044@gratis.grondar.za> Mark Murray writes:
: OK - it still works for me, and I also have a working Wavelan card.

Good!  I'm happy to see I haven't broken anything.

: As you say, the SIO driver panics, but I am setting up for a remote
: gdb to look at why.

I can tell you why.  The probe/attch code for sio assumes that it is
on a ISA bus and is getting isa IVARS indirectly through the
isa_get/set routines, which is failing because on the pccard bus we
have a different set of ivars and DO NOT SUPPORT the isa interface.
Hmmm, it might be easier to hack that support together, much as I'd
find it bletcherous, than to change three drivers...  No, I want sio
to change to be more bus independent.

: In the meanwhile - docs and comments suggest that setting the irq to
: "?" in pccard.conf will allow the driver to pick one for you; it never
: seems to work, as pccardd whines about "irq -1" not working. Is this
: something worth tracking down or should I not bother?

It works.  I use it all the time.  So yes, it would be a good thing to
trakc down.  Can you do that, or at least give me an error emssage to
go by?

Warner