Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 1999 10:02:07 +0200
From:      Phil Regnauld <regnauld@ftf.net>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        Eric Wayte <ewayte@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu>, Steven Kehlet <kehlet@techfuel.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: anyone have System V jokes?

Alfred Perlstein writes:

> > Of course, one of the most popular releases of SysV is Slowaris...
>
> I think tli and streams pretty much sums it up, oh and init levels...

	During the Usenix "TCP/IP network programming" tutorial , Richard Stevens (RIP...),
	was quick to point out that since Solaris 2.6, they have reimplemented
	native sockets without using streams :-)

	Performance was too pathetic :-)

	Other annoyances:

	/etc/rc.d (so far, I can describe it as: "theoretically cool, practically
	useless" -- noone almost ever uses that junk).

	/etc/inittab

	etc..

--
Division by Zero error -- multiplying by zero to recover.