Date:      Sun, 27 Feb 2000 18:11:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Updating release notes

I'm sure there's a lot of stuff which has not yet been added to the
release notes..but unless it's documented there, our users won't have any
way to know about the cool new stuff in 4.0 until they hear it
second-hand.

This is a call to all committers who have committed something to 4.0 to
spend a moment remembering what you have done over the past year (grepping
the commit logs for your name is a good way :) and to add a brief note to
/usr/src/release/texts/{i386,alpha} explaining your change. There's no
such thing as too much documentation! :-)

Non-committers (and committers alike), if you have any spare time to read
through the commit logs (/home/ncvs/CVSROOT/commitlogs in the CVS
repository, or use CVSweb) and note anything missing from the release
notes, you'd be doing the project a great service. Perhaps if anyone
intends to do this they should make themselves known so we can divide up
the work between us.

Thanks!

Kris

----
"How many roads must a man walk down, before you call him a man?"
"Eight!"
"That was a rhetorical question!"
"Oh..then, seven!" -- Homer Simpson