Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 2008 10:42:08 +0800
From:      "Ronnel P. Maglasang" <rmaglasang@infoweapons.com>
To:        Reinhold <freebsd@violetlan.net>
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: limiting bandwidth at certain times during the day

Current implementation of ALTQ and also PF is not dynamic. You apply changes
(e.g. new Queue parameters), you basically have to flush all the queues
and reload.
That means, "pfctl -Fall" followed by "pfctl -f new-pf.conf"

You can achieve this by creating a script that will called from cron. Be
aware of
the effect when flushing all the rules though. That would drop existing VPN
sessions.

I am not sure if there is an on-going project to support dynamic ALTQ/PF.