Date:      02 Sep 1998 22:50:36 -0400
From:      Cory Kempf <ckempf@enigami.com>
To:        Christopher Raven <c.raven@ukonline.co.uk>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Epson Stylus color 800

"Christopher" == Christopher Raven <c.raven@ukonline.co.uk> writes:

> thanks for the info. , I received the Epson Stylus Colour 800 and installed
> Ghostscript and all its associated fonts etc. from the packages collection.
> However, when I try to print from Star Office 3.x I get the print
> commands coming out on the printed page, instead of the intended
> test pages. Previous to this I have only been printing plain Ascii
> text files - no problems there.

Step 1: eliminate StarOffice as a variable for now.  Can you print a
postscript file via lpr and get proper output?  There should be a file
tiger.ps in the GS distribution.

> The handbbok suggested I make an interpreter script (I took the
> default shown on page) and include the ghostscript supported driver
> - for which I chose the epson.

> What did I do wrong here? Nothing turned up in my mail archive search.

You might do a general web search... I found a page that described
setting up Linux GS to be rather helpful...

FWIW, I have an 800 on mine, exported to my Appletalk network as a
laserprinter via GS on my FreeBSD box.

+C

--
Thinking of purchasing RAM from the Chip Merchant?
Please read this first: <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/chipmerchant.html>;

Cory Kempf                Macintosh / Unix Consulting & Software Development
ckempf@enigami.com        <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/>;