Date:      Fri, 10 Jul 2009 21:25:41 -0700
From:      jw <jwdevel@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Prevent reboot-after-panic behavior?

I'm trying to figure out a strange panic issue (see:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2009-July/201842.html).

The problem is I generally need to run it overnight in order to reproduce it.
By the time I get back to it, the machine has auto-rebooted, losing
precious info in ttyv0.
I cannot simply analyze a dump because the dump fails (see other
thread for that info - possibly a separate issue).

I am working on getting the dump to succeed, but in the meantime:

Is there a way to turn off the auto-reboot behavior?
I found this link: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=438372
But it is about turning it *on* and is somewhat old.

Is there a way to change the behavior without recompiling the kernel?

Thanks
-John