Date:      Thu, 08 Jun 1995 18:23:03 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        vince@penzance.econ.yale.edu, pit@mail.nws.orst.edu, wheelman@max.tiac.net, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.0.5A building /etc/fstab

> Just speaking of /etc/fstab and the initial mounts - I installed
> on a system with a CDrom that I move around.  Booting with the CD
> not connected, the initial mounts fail and I end up single-user.
>
> This was OK under 2.0; has this been changed, or is my brain spam?

Something has changed (and I don't know you well enough to offer an
opinion about the other possibility :-).

I now put an entry for the CDROM in your /etc/fstab if I see that
you have one.  This is generally good, and should NOT cause your
reboot to fall over when the CDROM can't be mounted.  What kind
of CD do you have?  Is it a Sony by any chance?  It tends to return
a rather pathological error code in the probe when there's no
CD found, I've noticed! :(

					Jordan