Date:      Wed, 25 Jun 1997 20:03:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        "Dave H." <hummel@www.buffalostate.edu>, FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: OS/2 users going to FreeBSD? :-) / documentation

On Wed, 25 Jun 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > I would be willing to help with this where I can.
>
> Well, you should always feel free to dive on any of the handbook
> sections marked with an '*' (not written yet). :-)

Better yet, monitor the questions mailing list and stake out some
area that tend to be big trouble spots.  Just because it is in
the handbook table of contents with a * by it doesn't necessairly
mean it is a high priority thing to get wirtten.  The table of
contents now isn't that much different from a year (or two?) ago
when I first brainstormed it.  Since then FreeBSD has matured a
lot, aquired entire new bands of users and the documentation
needs now may not be quite the same.

Also, just as important as contributing new stuff is editing and
updating the old.  There are definately sections that need
re-working.  For example, does the (relatively) new PPP doc in
the tutorials obsolete the PPP info in the handbook?

As for the general priorities, see www.freebsd.org/docproj.html.

-john