Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2001 04:01:24 +0800
From:      Donny Lee <donny@CoreBit.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: No mail agent with Linux-Netscape 6.01

"P. U. (Uli) Kruppa" wrote:
> >  i just pkg_add the linux-netscape 6.01 into my 5.0-C box,
> >  and found there is no mail agent with netscape, a address
> I cannot remember exactly. But I think you have to register
> with netscape before mail is enabled (some sort of white and
> blue splash screen will ask you for it when you start
> Netscape6.

  it seems not the case since i finished the registere and
  the mail agent is still out of the box.  strange...

  I used 6.0 a while ago, and it is a full browser/mail/news
  package.

> In case this was the reason (please check yourself) and you
> dislike being registered everywhere, use mozilla (I think
> 0.9.2 is the latest release) it can do anything as well as
> netscape6
> [Both only lack one feature: JAVA-support , you
> wil have to use good ol' netscape 4.77 or hotjava for that]

  I'm not sure mozilla fit my needs the best since I need
  Chinese/Japanese read/write abilaty in both browser and mails,
  and so far netscape seems my best choice.... ummm i'm not quite
  sure since i haven't tried too many others.    :)

--
// Donny