Date:      Sat, 22 Dec 2001 15:25:29 -0500
From:      Scott Lambert <lambert@lambertfam.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail does not start if no dns is available

On Sat, Dec 22, 2001 at 08:34:54PM +0100, Julio Merino wrote:
> Hi there
>=20
> I'm not sure about this message belongs to this list... though here it go=
es:
> When my DNS is down, sendmail takes a long time to start. How can I solve
> this?

perhaps by adding your hostname to /etc/hosts.

--=20
Scott Lambert          KC5MLE            Unix SysAdmin -- Looking for work.
lambert@lambertfam.org       http://www.lambertfam.org/~lambert/resume.html
2.5 years Sr. SysAdmin experience with FreeBSD in small & medium size ISPs.
The last 5 months have included exposure to Solaris 7, True64 5, and Linux.