Date:      Tue, 26 May 1998 16:05:21 +0200
From:      Martin Cracauer <cracauer@cons.org>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD coverage on opensource.org

I don't know what exactly, but appareantly Eric Raymond's
opensource.org Website has been subject to some changes (or was it my
mind :-).

After reviewing it again, I found no inapproriate Linux advocacy,
FreeBSD mentioned where it should and naming Linux "the most popular
open-source operating system", which I consider carefully chosen
words.

All-in-all I think it serves its goal well now (which is mine as
well), providing a more balanced software overview and focusing on
those software levels users actually care about (either networking
server software or end-user applications - gimp, gnome, kde) and not
stepping on somebody else' toes.

Whatever people sent to Eric, it is obviously better than other
FreeBSD advocacy :-)

Martin
--
Martin Cracauer <cracauer@cons.org> http://www.cons.org/cracauer