Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 2000 10:57:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   fack and /etc/fstab

   Hi Folks,

   Over the weekend I discovered that my new 4.0 platform consistantly
   fails to clean my SCSI drive #2 upon an improper shudown or even by
   typing

     # fsck

   upon logging in as root and by-hand checking of the filesystems.

   I used /stand/sysinstall twice to be sure that the second drive was
   correctly newfs'd and so on; and /dev/MAKEDEV'd the corresponding
   da1s?? devs.

   Could this have anything to do with the entire /usr slice being on
   the second drive?  Even when the entire system is up and humming,
   fsck doesn't seem to recognize that /dev/da1* is there.

   thenks for some clues here,

   gary

--
   Gary D. Kline         kline@tao.thought.org          Public service Unix