Date:      Wed, 18 Feb 1998 11:51:35 -0700 (MST)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        Kwoody <kwoody@citytel.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: html editor?

Hi all,

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Kwoody wrote:
> Ive been doing some basic html stuff over the past month or so.
>
> So now will use my Freebsd machine to do my html stuff. Any editors I can
> use for basic web page building? I only have a dx2/66 w/20 megs of ram so
> it dont have to be fancy. I have 2.1.7 of fbsd.
>
> Any pointers to something in the ports maybe?

There are a number of HTML editors in ports.

asWedit - found in /usr/ports/aswedit - this is a nice editor that runs
	  under Linux emulation - it's mostly what I use when I don't
	  feel like using vi  :-)

ashe - found in /usr/ports/ashe - I tried this a couple times - it's
       about as basic as vi for me and I was confused for a long time
       because the editor is actually called xhtml....  :-)  I'm slow.

vi - comes w/ system :-)

Lord knows there are probably more out there that will compile cleanly or
run under Linux emulation.  You can check NCSA for a list of editors at:

http://union.ncsa.uiuc.edu/HyperNews/get/www/html/editors.html

Good luck.

Brett Taylor 		brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu
http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/