Date:      Wed, 27 Jan 1999 18:07:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kern/subr_scanf array index of signed char

:Matthew Dillon writes:
:>                                         goto match_failure;
:>                         } else {
:>                                 p0 = p = va_arg(ap, char *);
:> -                               while (ccltab[*inp]) {
:> +                               while (ccltab[(int)(unsigned char)*inp]) {
:>                                         inr--;
:>                                         *p++ = *inp++;
:>                                         if (--width == 0)
:
:Just curious.. why do you need the "(int)" cast?
:
:-Archie

    Actually, it could very well be that I don't.  I didn't want to spend
    the time to check to see if the compiler warned on unsigned-char array
    indexes.  You can change it back if unsigned char array indexes do not
    produce a warning.

					-Matt

:Archie Cobbs   *   Whistle Communications, Inc.  *   http://www.whistle.com
:
:with "unsubscribe freebsd-current" in the body of the message
:

					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>