Date:      Wed, 29 Jul 98 11:15:06 MET DST
From:      Flemming Jacobsen <fj@login.dknet.dk>
To:        dburr@pobox.com (Donald Burr)
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, hasty@rah.star-gate.com, phk@FreeBSD.ORG, sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The future of the bt848 driver?  (FW: cvs commit: CVSROOT avail)

Hi,

> Why did it have to come down to this, anyway?  (Enquiring minds want to
> know...)

Since it's unlikely that any of the three will comment, I'll
share what I know.

I've known PHK since highschool, and Soeren for a couple of
years, thus when I saw Amancios post on -multimedia I sent them a
mail which (in essence) said "What the fuck are you two bozos
doing ?". We exchanged a flurry of emails that day (Fri 17) -
sharing main language and timezone works wonders for communication.

What happened seem to be:
  Soeren sent Amancio a patch to get his AVer Media card working
(10 lines added to the card table).
  After waiting for 1+ months, Soeren checked it in himself.
  Amancio didn't like this and wanted to back it out, but was
told by PHK that this was unacceptable unless he added the same
functionality.
  Amancio couldn't accept this, and walked out.

I realize that I've pretty much only got Sorens and PHKs side,
but I've confirmed the 10 line uncomplicted patch by looking at
the CVS tree.

	Hyg'
	Flemming

--
Flemming Jacobsen     Email: fj@login.dknet.dk     Phone: +45 3916 1833
   ---===   If speed kills, Windows users may live forever.   ===---