Date:      Fri, 3 Mar 2000 19:06:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to crash FreeBSD w/ mpg123 and XFree86

First, start up XFree86.  Next, play an mp3 clip in an xterm with
mpg123.  Next, hit cntrol+alt+F3 (or whatever) to switch to a VC while the
clip is playing.  Stau there for about 3 seconds.  Then, switch back to X
with alt+F9, or whichever VC X is running on.  On my machine, the monitor
goes blank, my display goes black, and the machine is
unresponsive.  However, I didn't try to see if I could still log in via a
serial terminal.

The version of XFree86 I'm running:

$ X -showconfig
XFree86 Version 3.9.18 / X Window System

Do all of this while the clip is playing.

- Donn