Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2000 18:56:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenny Drobnack <kdrobnac@mission.mvnc.edu>
To:        J McKitrick <jcm@freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-4.0 and Parallel Port Zip 100 Drive (fwd)

I don't know if this is relevant, but does it actually make a difference
if its on a laptop or desktop?  I figured a parallel port is a parallel
port.  Or do they have a slightly different configuration?

> On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 02:23:51PM -0400, Walter Brameld wrote:
> > On Thu, 06 Apr 2000, in a never-ending search for enlightenment, J McKitrick wrote:
> > > There is a known issue with parallel port zips and 4.0 right now.  It is
> > > being checked out.
> > >
> > > Is this a laptop or a desktop machine?
> >
> > What is the issue? Mine seems to be working fine.
>
> Are you running a parallel port zip drive with a laptop under 4.0?  If so,
> please get in contact with n_hibma@freebsd.org because you are the only one
> i know whose zip works.
>

> As for the rest of us, vpo times out and cannot connect with the zip drive
> during boot-up.
>
> jm
> --
> Jonathon McKitrick -- jcm@freebsd-uk.eu.org           To Microsoft:
> "Your tyranny I was part of, is now cracking on every side.
> Now your own life is in danger.  Your Empire is on fire." Front 242

-----
In computer terms, hardware is the stuff you can hit with a baseball bat,
and software is the stuff you can only swear at.
   -from a web page explaining what hardware, software, and firmware are
----