Date:      Wed, 15 Apr 1998 16:31:24 +1000
From:      Phillip Krokidis <phil@iaccess.com.au>
To:        freebsd-install@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Transparent proxying

Hello,

I have a question about the program transproxy.
I would like to divert any packets going to port 80 to port 8080
So basically set up a transparent proxy.
I have tried to get it going with ipfw, but the server first has to accept
connections on port 80 to divert them to port 8080.
I have heard that trans proxy will do that for me.

When i try to compile it though, it says i need FreeBSD 3.0. (I am running
2.2.5), and that it will only run with ipfilter.  When i install ipfilter,
it still says the same thing.
I would be thankful if you could shed some light on the subject or maybe
point me in the right direction

Thanks,
Phil.

Phillip Krokidis		Tel: +61 3 9686 6677
Network Manager			Fax: +61 3 9686 6644
Internet Access Australia	Email: phil@iaccess.com.au
http://www.iaccess.com.au

Melbourne,Sydney,Adelaide,Brisbane,Canberra,Perth,Geelong
GoldCoast,Bendigo,Bridgewater,Harcourt,Goornong,Laanecoorie
Axedale,Central Coast, Ballarat and surrounding areas:
(Bacchus Marsh, Trentham, Myrnlong, Greendale, Rowsley and other
areas through to Ballan. Clunes, Daylesford, Eganstown,
Kingston Areas through to Creswick)