Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 1998 12:56:44 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Eugene Nine <enine@ssicom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question about recomended motherboards

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Eugene Nine wrote:

>I have a question about the Jordan's pick list in the PC hardware
>compatibility giude.  Do you have any other suggestions besides the Asus
>P55t2p4.  That board has been discontinued and the replacement (txp4) has
>the intel chipset with the 64M cachable ram limitation.  What else would
>you recommend as to a replacement of the Pentium class CPU's Eugene Nine

Did you check the date on that page? It might be stale.

For the best hardware info that I have found on the net go to
http://www.tomshardware.com/

You might like a MB with SCSI bootable and CDROM boot support for easier
installations. A I have learned the hard way, not all BIOS' can boot scsi.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/