Date:      Sat, 1 May 1999 20:42:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      rick hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        James Snow <sno@teardrop.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dual K6

> I heard that FreeBSD isn't very happy running on dual K6s. Was wondering
> if anyone had any first-hand experience with that?
>
> I'll be aquiring a dual socket-7 board with a pair of P133s and was
> thinking of upgrading the CPUs and I hadn't tried any AMD processors yet.

	AMD chips are not able to do SMP. It's a limitation of the chip
itself. You'll have to go with Intel to do dual anything. If AMD chips
could run this way, FreeBSD would be able to support them with few if any
problems.

					Rick

---- "Religion exists because man can't belive that he's nothing more
then a random accident."