Date:      Mon, 29 Oct 2001 14:43:26 -0500
From:      The Anarcat <anarcat@anarcat.dyndns.org>
To:        libh@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: libh/doc/api gen_doc.pl

--uh9ZiVrAOUUm9fzH

Now this thingie can produce docs such as the attached Disk
documentation.

It's draft, but it's better than to start by hand.

The command line used was:

./gen_doc.pl <../../lib/disk/Disk.cd.cc

Note for the newcomers... .cd file contain interface information to
objects such as Disk or Package. This script just extracts the runtime
information available from the .cd.cc files, and that is why it is so
absurd.

Since it it runtime information, there should be a clean way to obtain
the information. The problem I was facing with a TCL implementation is
that run time information requires object creation. With C++, it's just
that I haven't thought of it before. :)

So (*hint*) this should be implemented in C++. The only problem I could
find there is that I don't there is a way to find all the defined
classes in a file in C++. The class names should then have to be
supplied at runtime.

A.

--uh9ZiVrAOUUm9fzH

--uh9ZiVrAOUUm9fzH--