Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 2002 18:28:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD PR

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Tom Rhodes wrote:

> What does everyone think about a 10 (more?) person team?  Perhaps

Sounds good.

I think there should be dedicated mailing list, like freebsd-pr.
So advocacy can be for generic advocacy, and freebsd-pr can be for:
- planning
- proof-reading media releases
- choosing media targets
- setting up interviews
- developing media campaigns
- helping organize events
- and related PR work.

(Where PR means "news media relations" and not just general "public
relations".)

And it would be nice to have a webpage for this PR team to list current
goals and schedule the work.

(Debian used to have an active mailing list for that -- it was used for
sharing press release drafts for feedback.)

   Jeremy C. Reed

p.s. I already write BSD articles for print and online; I have taught BSD
workshops, gave BSD presentations, and ran a BSD booth at a Linux
conference; and I have personally posted over 1000 BSD- or open
source-related news items and articles on the web. I'd be glad to help
(some more).

p.p.s. Share your BSD news at http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/