Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2017 10:32:54 +0200
From:      Romain =?iso-8859-1?Q?Tarti=E8re?= <romain@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd@zleslie.info, jslagle@gmail.com, ruby@FreeBSD.org, tj@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [CFT] Bringing in Puppet 5

--IJpNTDwzlM2Ie8A6

Hello all,

Because of a transient mail problem, Zach Leslie replied to me
privately.  With his authorization, I copy here some bits of his reply
so that all maintainers have the same information.

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 11:26:45AM -0700, Zach Leslie wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 8:32 AM, Romain Tarti=E8re <romain@blogreen.org> =
wrote:
> > =3D=3D=3D> I have been working on preparing Puppet 5 inclusion, that is=
> > bunch of new ports:
> >
> >   - databases/puppetdb5
> >   - databases/puppetdb-terminus5
> >   - sysutils/puppet5
> >
> > I can take maintainership of these ports, I can give you maintainership
> > if you want it, or we can consider creating a puppet@ list and make it
> > maintainer of these new ports (and existing ones if you want).  Please
> > tell me what you think about this!
>
> I would love to share responsibility in this area.  I initially took
> maintainership because it was needed, and I was in a position to help
> submit patches.  I don't currently have commit privileges, but I think
> the vote for that is happening now.  It would be great to have other
> folks who are interested in keeping Puppet updated and solid to bounce
> ideas off of, etc.
>
> I think you're idea of a puppet@ list sounds like a great way to keep
> things moving forward if someone is out of reach for a while.

So, so far, these ports could be switched to puppet@ for maintainership:

  - databases/puppetdb-terminus3
  - databases/puppetdb-terminus5
  - databases/puppetdb3
  - databases/puppetdb5
  - devel/rubygem-hocon
  - sysutils/puppet4
  - sysutils/puppet5

I mailed portmgr@ asking for details about how to proceed and am waiting
for a reply from them.

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 11:26:45AM -0700, Zach Leslie wrote:
> I did notice that sysutils/puppetserver5 is missing from your list
> above.  Is that something you are planning on?  I'm happy to pick that
> one up if not.  Also, does that suggest that you are perhaps only
> using FreeBSD as agents?

sysutils/puppetserver5 should definitively be in this list.  I am not
using it for now, so I can't test it, that's why it is not in the list,
but since running a puppet master from the Ruby source is deprecated,
it's a must-have.

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 05:29:02PM +0200, Romain Tarti=E8re wrote:
> (Note that the upgrade itself was really straightforward for me.  Please
> tell me if it was not for you).

On 11.0, I see that sysutils/facter crashes when LC_ALL=3DC.  The problem
does not occurs on 10.3.  The backtrace show that the problem is related
to locales, but I had no time to dig into this.

Romain
--=20
Romain Tarti=E8re <romain@FreeBSD.org>  http://people.FreeBSD.org/~romain/
pgp: 8234 9A78 E7C0 B807 0B59  80FF BA4D 1D95 5112 336F (ID: 0x5112336F)
(plain text =3Dnon-HTML=3D PGP/GPG encrypted/signed e-mail much appreciated)

--IJpNTDwzlM2Ie8A6

--IJpNTDwzlM2Ie8A6--