Date:      Mon, 27 May 1996 15:26:01 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        regnauld@tetard.hsc.fr (Philippe Regnauld)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone want a 'usercrunch' utility ?

> 	Following recent discussions concerning 'adduser', is anybody
> 	interested in a 'userpack' or 'usercrunch' utility ?  It would be
> 	run periodically by cron, and check the last login of each user.
> 	If the elapsed time exceeds a specified number of days, the user's
> 	home directory is packed away (tar cvfz) and rm -r'ed.  At the same
> 	time, his login shell is replaced by the unpack script which would
> 	recreate his home directory on the fly.  There could of course
> 	be a -nobackup option :-)
>
> PS: this would be perl4 :-))

If you have not built one already, contact mikem@cs.weber.edu; he has
auto-decrunch, and so on, for automatic account reactivation, as well
as new user-from-list validation and account creation.

I've been on him to move the stuff over from Solaris/SunOS/Ultrix/SGI/NeXT
where he has had it running for some time.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.